In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

my NIB M700 PSS appears to have been fired

GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
Got my PSS about 2 weeks ago and when I stripped it down to do an initial clean, like I do with all my new guns, it looks like it'd been fired. The bolt looks like it's had a cartidge seated in it based on the gold/brass colored residue that I can see. When I first put the bolt in it didn't have so much as a scratch on it. Could this be from a test fire at the factory or something? That or the dealer must have fired a round through it but I'd be surprised if that was the case.

Comments

• Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They're test fired at the factory.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, that's one less round you have to fire for proper barrel break-in!
  • Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For some reason or other, many factory guns are test fired and apparently not cleaned very well before being shipped. Please don't blame your dealer.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GL, that's why they make proof cartridges. I may be wrong, but I'm 99.9999% certain that no firearm leaves a factory unfired. Legal liability would be astronomical.
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wasn't blaming the dealer. Like I said, I'd have been surprised if they had done it and I tended to think it was from the factory. I checked my M1A and that looks like it had a round fired too. Guess I just thought they'd have cleaned the rifle up afterwards.Yeah, I can understand the liability reason. Especially when you look at all the papers or documents that come with a new rifle, warning about proper use. After all, I think suing is the favorite American pasttime, not baseball anymore!
  • Options
    Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My New Ruger 480 come with the bullet case that was test fired.
    "Protect the Right to Protect yourself"