In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta 92f, ammo to use??

KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
First let me start off by doing a little dance in celebration of trading in my mini-14, which like many others experienced never lived up to my expectations(nice rifle though), in favor of my first pistol, a beautiful Beretta 92f INOX SS!!!!!(Low Rider playing).....dancing......ok im done....now...what to feed this beauty?i know some pistols prefer certain ammo over others. At this point in time the only thing i will run through it will be HydraShocks for home defense, and FMJs for plinking and target shootin. FMJs 90-95% of the time.....anyone had any problems with Federal, or Wolf, or S&B, or Fiocchi???...i want to head to ammoman.com and pick up a big pack of rounds but i dont want to get something that will jam or misfeed. Or would you suggest i just pick up a box of each kind at the store and test them?Thanks...~kaddy[This message has been edited by Kadaver (edited 01-27-2002).]

Comments

• Options
    Rob3448Rob3448 Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have a Beretta 92f INOX SS and i love it. I have ran many types of ammo through my gun ( UMC, American Eagle, Wolf, Remax, CCI blazer, Also some miltary stuff i got real cheap at a sale it was) The only problem i ever had was using USA 15 round mags and not the factory mags. The 92FS i have eats anything i give it. I went back to only using the factory mags and all jaming problems stoped. I fired some all lead round nose bullets through the gun and then i just made shure that the barrel was fully cleaned before i fired jacked bullets throught it again. Just remember u have one of the best 9mm ever made (at least i think so) so don't always think u have to use the cheapest ammo. I think the steel cases of wolf ammo might be hard on some parts of the gun.Just keep in mind that i an no expert just a fan of the 92fs. thanks