In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Barrel Pitting

grease_monkeygrease_monkey Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
Just picked up a new Beretta Tomcat and noticed their is a slight pitting in the barrel. Fairly new to guns so I was wondering if this is common or should I be worried about it. Sorry for the basic question. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take the barrel out and give the bore a very thorough scrubbing with hot soapy water. Then dry and oil it. Someone has fired corrosive ammo in it and didnt clean it. Dont worry just keep away from foreign or surplus ammo that doesnt clearly state on the box that it's noncorrosive.
  • Options
    cliffdropover1cliffdropover1 Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If this gun was purchased virtually "new" as in, from a gun store. Take it back and or send it back to Beretta. A "new" gun will have NO pitting.
  • Options
    grease_monkeygrease_monkey Member Posts: 108 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help. I purchased it as new so have been calling Beretta but after a long time on hold all I got was a voice mail. Sent e-mail to but no response as yet. I hope they get back to me as I always believed they produced excellent products!