In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HELP!! Remington 1100 Question

jayhuntjayhunt Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a 1100 12ga. used and it is missing something. When I shoot, the next round doesn't load it just stays in the magazine. The plug is in there but I can hear it sliding up and down freely. Is all i'm missing a magazine spring??? and how do i get in there to replace it. I found a spring at brownells for 4.95. Is that all i need to do?? Thanks for the helpJay

Comments

• Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't tell if the spring is the ONLY part missing. Lock the bolt back and unscrew the fore-end cap; pull the barrel forward and off of the receiver. At the end of the magazine tube will (hopefully) be a metal plug with a large hole in the center. This plug should be gently pulled forward and out of the magazine tube; insert the spring and reassemble.The rings on the magazine tube control the gas that works the action; they must be installed in the correct sequence and direction. I suggest that you request an owner's pamphlet from Remington.Neal
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and DO NOT oil the magazine tube when you reinstall the parts. Just clean it. The gun will not cycle rounds with oil on the magazine tube.A lesson I learned the hard way, AFTER getting to the blind.
  • Options
    jayhuntjayhunt Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your help. I got the Remington 1100 owner's manual off the net and took it apart. I am only missing the spring, Thank goodness. If the rings are out of sequence what will that do?I appreciate ya'lls helpJay
  • Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As with the oil problem, the action will not cycle if the rings are not correct.Neal