In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.45 Detonics

grab1grab1 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
I'm getting into .45s more now - any info on a .45 Detonics. I was looking a the Combat Master, that has had some cutom work. This is to carry or collect. Worth buying?

Comments

• Options
    rjpeacockrjpeacock Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    grab1, the Detonics was a very well made pistol. They quit producing them in 1989, so they have become quite collectable, as well as being good shooters. I have one, if you are interested. Russ rpeacock@rapidnet.com
  • Options
    MyjackMyjack Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought my first Detonics shortly after they first came out and loved it! It was stolen long ago. Lately I have bought 3 Detonics - a blue Combat, a stainless Combat Master and a Pocket 9. Both 45's are early production guns; the stainless Combat Master needed a little polish and fit work on the barrel link to go into battery but had it running in about 30 minutes. That is the only Detonics I ever heard of that had to have any work on, and when they are this old - it's hard to tell what was changed over the years. The most I paid was $425 delivered and I wouldn't sell for 3 times that much.Some feel the 6 round mags are a deficit, but daddy always said make your first shot count, plus any mag that fits 1911's will fit the Detonics so I usually use 7 round government mags for back-up.You wouldn't be looking at that Secamp Conversion would you?Never seen one up close, but I have heard they are nice.
  • Options
    grab1grab1 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info - I found someone selling 2 for $ 500.00 in exc. cond. Maybe the don't know what the have - I think I'll buy tonight.Will Colt type mags work with them?