In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mod.1911

boo51047boo51047 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a Model 1911 in NRA Excellent cond.was wondering where I could get info about history,manuf.date,what markings to look for,and maybe a value range, if I decide to auction the piece. Model of 1911 U.S.ARMY Ser#496576 Thanks in advance for any info.

Comments

• Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your gun was made in 1918. If you want history on your particular gun, it's unlikely you can find any; for a general history, Clawson's collector guide is a good source; Edward S. Meadows also has an excellent book. Since these books are expensive, you may want to get the advice of collectors instead. Try the 1911 forum on www.gunandknife.com; digital photos will make your search for information much easier.The value of your gun is in the $500-2,500 range. If it does not have the original high polish factory blue finish, there's no need to look further---it will be near the bottom of the value range.