In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mini 14 gb value

gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
My buddy needs money and is asking me to purchase his mini 14 GB, blued with flash hider, bayo lug, factory folder, complete spare wood stock with all metal liner & reinf., and a couple of factory 20 & 30 rnd mags. Condition is like new, I mean 99%+ on both metal and wood. This gun was hardly used. Can anyone give a fair market value on this. My blue book has nothing on a GB. Also, other than the evil items, is barrel on the GB different from a standard model?I already have a standard model that I am happy with, but at least I can legally put a more comfortable Butler Creek folder on the GB if I decide to get it. Price he's asking is $800. Because he's my friend, I don't want either of us getting hurt. Thanks again in advance for your help. GD

Comments

• Options
    KadaverKadaver Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ive seen them go for $700 to $1000....so its decent.....if your going to put a BC folder on it, DO NOT sell the factory....because if you do that $800 will drop severly if you ever decide to sell it.....Addition....there is currently a GB with a standard stock up for auction for $950, and in another auction a stainless factory folder (JUST THE STOCK) for like $375....just a few numbers for your consideration[This message has been edited by Kadaver (edited 01-30-2002).]
  • Options
    gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    Thanks Kaddy,I've seen those posts, but never really saw one closed, so not sure what value really is.If I decide to get it, I won't sell the factory folder for sure to keep value up. I just want the BC stock because it feels better and so I can put the factory folder away in a bank vault. I've seen those folders close for quite a bit in stainless and blue. Unreal how a stock can worth more than the rest of the gun. Do you know though if the barrel for the GB was made any different than the standard model? Like is it heavier or have a different twist, etc.?Thanks again, GD
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Something else to consider. If they are Ruger brand 20 or 30 rd mags they are selling for $65.00 to $100.00 each. My 2 cents