In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

oly arms

buttheadbutthead Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
OK guys, don't laugh. I own a couple SKS's and really only shoot occaisionally. My hi-caps are so hard to use, I'm thinking about buying the Olympic Arms Plinker just to play around with. My local dealer said not to waste my money. I know I don't have to tell you guys not to "hold back." Tell me how you really feel about this gun. Once agin, thanks for the help!

Comments

• Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Don't know about the "plinker", but I have an Olympic Arms AR-15 and I like it fine.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a fun gun and with all the accessoriesout there it's a hobby unto itself.I've got an Oly with three different uppers, a target trigger and floating handguards.All of the uppers are very accurate but you need the floating handguard and adjustable trigger to get the most out of them.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had a couple oly AR-15's but never a "Plinker" ... the AR's were fine!
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    briscobrisco Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Butt,I've not fired the Plinker, but I do have an Oly PCR4 that I bought new in early September, just pior to the 11th. (Prices were great then, prices and supply have changed since!)It's a great rifle, dependable, accurate, and adaptable. I'd reccomend the PCR4 for a first-timer, check out their website for all the models.Regards, Brisco
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you just want a "Plinker" I saw a new model that DPMS recently came out with at the Des Moines gun show. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles (no dust cover) but it's under $700. If it's just for plinking, why not?
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ABC'sA.rmaliteB.ushmasterC.oltEverything else is junkStirn' like crazy!