In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22LR Rifle Gurus please read

CA BlueCA Blue Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
I am interested in 22 cal take down rifles. I have so far acquired the Henry AR 7 Survival rifle and the Marlin 70 Papoose. Is there any other current production 22 take down rifles? Please enlighten me.

Comments

• Options
    jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is a browning 22lr 400 and up.and a remington clone.$???they go together like a 1897 winchester.rod/type loading through the but (it has an oval cut out through the stock so you don't have to remove rod). I've had a loose japenese remington that jammed even more than the henry(ar7). if you get one get a tight one.I think a nice feature of this gun is it ejects empties out the bottom.they also look neat.
  • Options
    jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there is also a take down 1022 conversionavailiable.don't know how much or whom.
  • Options
    TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The new Ruger conversion is made by Butler Creek, come with a lined carbon fiber bbl and the take down stock. It is shown the the new American Rifleman (NRA pub.) and I believe MSRP is around $250. I will check on that at home and re-submit reply.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Marlin M39 is a take-down.
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also my favorite the Winchester 9422.WOODS
  • Options
    anderskandersk Member Posts: 3,627 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with WOODS ... the Winchester Model 9422 is the WAY to go!
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In mentally running through my .22 rifles that take down, I cannot believe I forget the wonderful M9422. Bad me. For quality, you cannot beat the M9422, although I like the older ones without the checkering, which, to me, seems very out of place on a lever action. I bought mine in 1972 when they came out, and have not shot it much so I did not think if it when addressing this topic. My M39 that my father gave me new in 1953 is still the first .22 that comes to mind when I am thinking of .22 rifles. I can still remember the thrill of coming out of my room one morning and finding it leaning against the hall wall. I knew I was not a "22LR Rifle Guru" and should never have tried to be one by getting into this topic!
  • Options
    CA BlueCA Blue Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone for heading me in the right search direction. A big thank-you especially to JudgeColt for always coming up with a wealth of information. Since I live in California, most centerfire rifles with interesting design concepts have been banned. I now take solace in owning and shooting unique rimfire rifles.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about the Springfield Scout?
  • Options
    jo-danjo-dan Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rossi (Braztech) is currently making a2 barrel set .22 rf and .410 shotgun.$139.99. My girlfriend got one and sheloves it.jo-dan
    laissez les bontemps rouler