In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Does anyone really like the KAHR?

psantospsantos Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
I bought a polymer finish .40 cal it seemed like a great deal. I am disappointed by the handling qualities, poor ackward BUT smooth trigger action it seems hard to shoot rapidly.The trigger breaks to long after beginning the pull, it breaks to close to the frame.The grips actually seem to small for my hands.Any advice? Can the trigger be replaced?I seem to remember someone offering a replacement triggers.Paul

Comments

• Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I have a P9 and love it. It is in many ways very cloes to the Glock. I like mine and have been thinking about the P40. Sorry you are having an issue with yours. Have you tried contacing Kahr? Every time I have talked with them they have been very helpful.
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    I don't have one of the polymers but I love my K40. Top quality worksmanship and reliability.
    AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    dannejdannej Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suspect the reason you don't like your Kahr has to do with the size of your hands. I carried one for years as a backup. I have small hands and everything worked great. Then one day at the range it fired before it went all the way into battery. It blew the extractor off and away and disabled the gun completely right there. Kahr was very nice about repairs at no charge, but beware...it will fire when it is not all the way in battery!!!!