In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Randall vs Kimber

airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
Recently acquired a Randall, 45 cal, SS, model C, excellent condition. With all the discussion of Kimber vs Springfield/Colt etc. What's the overall opinion concerning Randall?

Comments

• Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Top quality. Machining and fit were better than most. Randall was amazing at the number of variations (including a complete mirror image left hand version) of the 1911 in the short time they were in business.Unlike most of the current manufacturers, Randall actually made most of their own parts instead of being just another parts assembler. Check the barrel and see if you notice anything unusual about the bore compared to anybody elses.Collector interest in true (not one of the parts guns from bankruptcy) Randalls is increasing as are the values.
    AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a full left hand version and I am impressed with it, however I've heard that toward the end of their production some steps such as proper hardening were skipped to get the guns out.