In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HELP! I need Info Fast!

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
I ordered magazines off the internet.Ruger Factory # P-17. On the ad it says they will hold 11-40cal. or 15-9mm. Does anybody know anything about these? Check out this Window. http://www.***************/Search/DisplayItem.cfm?ItemNum=2286650
Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!They have replaced *************** with *'s[This message has been edited by RugerNiner (edited 01-29-2002).][This message has been edited by RugerNiner (edited 01-29-2002).][This message has been edited by RugerNiner (edited 01-29-2002).][This message has been edited by RugerNiner (edited 01-29-2002).][This message has been edited by RugerNiner (edited 01-29-2002).]
spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW?????????//
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I want to know if it's true. I've been told I'm being scammed with 40cal. mags.I need them for a Ruger P-85 9mm. This website won't let me post the website I got them from. But they are new in the package marked P-17. Originally 15 round mags were marked P-15
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I talked to ruger and they say if you want the mag for target shooting it might be ok. There is a feeding problem with it because the 40 has bigger lips. They say it might feed right 75% of the time. They dont recommend it for defense purposes.They said about three companies bought a bunch of them and are trying to pass them off as hicap mags.
    Guncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I called Ruger today and they told me they would definately NOT fit my early P-85. These are 40 Cal. even though you can put 9mm in they probably wouldn't function all the time. Thanks For everybody's feedback. Now I have to retract my bid, even though I won the auction. But his E-Mail to me assured me they would fit. I think this is the first time in my Life I've been Lied to.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

• Options
    reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dont know if you looked but you could have bought that same mag (P17) on rugers web site for $26.90.
    Guncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.