In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

JudgeColt

seamusseamus Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
JudgeColt: In another post, you mentioned your early model Ruger Mini 14 and its M1-style rear sight. Does that rifle have a sight similar to the M-1, or the M-1 Carbine? I have heard that an M-1 Carbine sight will fit the Mini 14, and am considering such a conversion. Any comments or info from you would be very appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used my description of the rear sight because I could not think if a better way to describe it. I was describing its general appearance and style. I did not mean it is the same sight. I do not know whether my early Mini rear sight would be interchangable with another sight, or whether other sights will fit later Minis. I would speculate a true M1 Garand rear sight would be too big for the Mini, but the M1 Carbine sight might not be.Considering how common Carbine parts are, perhaps you could experiment and post your findings here.
  • Options
    seamusseamus Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks JudgeColt. I'm not sure when I'll have time to get the M-1 Carbine sight installed, but when I do I'll post the results.