In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FFL

CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
ok, what is an FFL and how do you get one if you dont have one?

Thankyou and Godbless

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well I tried to get my FFL to do a small gun business in my
    basement at home. I filled out the application along with picture
    and fingerprint card. Waited for 45 day's and ATF contacted me wanting
    to do an interview. I made arrangments for ATF to come out and go over all paper work rules,regs,ect. Everything was all good to go until zoning jumped in. I don't live in a subdivision. I live 15 miles
    from the closest town. I mean I live out in the sticks....Farming area, only 2 neighbors close to me....and they are both avid hunters. Here is what the zoning laws said:

SECTION 9.11 SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS GOVERNING HOME OCCUPATIONS:
    Home occupations shall include the use of the premises for services rendered other than by direct contact with customers at that location (for example, where the bulk of the business is by telephone - actual work is performed in home and customer is contacted in other than that location). The following requirements shall apply to home occupations when permitted herein:
    A. No persons other than members of the family residing in the premises shall be
    engaged in such operation.
    B. The use of the dwelling unit for the home occupation shall be clearly incidental
    and subordinate to its use for residential purposes by its occupants. Not more
    that twenty-five (25) percent of the gross floor area of any one floor of the
    dwelling unit (including the basement or cellar) shall be used in the conduct of
    the home occupation.
    C. There shall be no change in the outside appearance of the building or premises,or other visible evidence of the conduct of such home occupation that will indicate from the exterior that the building is being utilized in part for any purpose other than that of a dwelling unit, except that a name plate as regulated be Article XIV of this ordinance, shall be permitted.
    D. No home occupation shall be conducted in any accessory building, nor shall
    there be any exterior storage of any materials on the premises.
    E. There shall be no commodity sold upon the premises in connection with such home occupation.
    F. No traffic shall be generated by such home occupation in greater volumes than
    would normally be expected in a residential neighborhood.
    G. No equipment or process, which creates noise, vibration, flare, fumes, odors, or electrical interference detectable to the normal senses off the lot, shall he used in such home occupation. In the case of electrical interference, no equipment or
    process, which creates visual or audible interference in any radio or television.

ATF will NOT issue A FFL license's because of RULE # E
    ATF did not have a problem with any of the rules except RULE # E
    I applied for the license back in May of this year. Now I've been waiting since August for my 200.00 application fee to be refunded.
    Now here is what makes me really Pi$$ed off. There is a guy that lives 10 minutes from me that is A FFL holder doing a business out of his home, and we both live in the same County!! Check this out:
    http://www.*.com/Help/FFLMemberDisplay.cfm?UserNum=6398235731
    Please give me some helpful insight to this problem . I still want my
    FFL's........Thanks......
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How easy or hard is it to obtain an FFL? Is it worth the effort? Are the pamphlets I see purporting to help you get an FFL any good?
    Thanks Miles

When in doubt go faster
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I live in California and I'm interested in acquiring a FFL. Any suggestions on how to start? fees? Govt. agency in charge?. Help
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What does it take to get an FFL, and where would one go to apply for one? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Help. I ordered a gun from a dealer on the Internet and had it sent to my dealer. My dealer says he cannot release the gun to me unless the other dealer sends him a copy of his FFL. The other dealer say this is BS. Can someone tell me who is right and where i can find documentation to show one of them. I have alredy paid for the gun but cannot get it . Shoul I contact the BATF.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How would one start in looking for an FFL? Are there papers I need to fill out? I'm guessing there are. Can it be done on-line? any info would be helpful.
    Sorry if this seems a stupid guestion, I'm somewhat new at this and not even sure what FFL stands for. But after reading a few different forums, It does seem important to have a "FFL" in order to exchange anything with anyone.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What amount of buying and selling would one do to justify obtaining a FFL? For a hobby, not a small business.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have heard to get a FFL you need to have an actual business.
    I have a business licence that was issued to me by the city I live in. It is a license to sell firearms out of my home. (city has exceptions for home businesses) Do you think this will satisfy the requirements for a FFL?

Thanks
    Bill

State.... Idaho
  • Options
    edited November -1
    we are a dealer and getting ready to get into gun smithing can someone please tell me if i have to get another FFL to do this or can i use the same one thanks alot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HOW DO I FIND A FFL DEALER TO ACCEPT A SHIPMENT FOR ME. I KNOW THERE IS A WEB SITE BUT I CANT FIND IT.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I dont have a FFL. If I buy a gun on GB Do I send in the dealer info or does my dealer. Can I send in a copy of his signed FFL along with my check. (shipped to him of course) Thank you

Jim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have been kicking around the idea of applying for an ffl for about1 1/2 yrs and have even recieved all the necessary paperwork,but I have never gone thru with it. What exactly can I expect if I apply as far as local police department,town requirements,record keeping,sales tax issues and any other permits I may need ect. I know its a big ques. but I know you guys are very informed and can give me the straight info.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is the cost of an FFL?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking into geting a FFL, where do I need to get started? I live in Louisiana [?] you can e-mail me at brobilljones@juno.com or post on here Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi. Im new here...But I want to start collecting fully auto gun...what do i need? Federal Firearms License? i been researching some info on it but they dont say anything on if i can buy gun just as a collector they only state about been a dealer except for relic guns...i want like guns like mp5 and stuff like that? can any one point me in the right direction...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If you can fax a FFL, Can you also send a copy of a signed FFL?

Thank you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I plan on getting a semi auto pistol from GB and got a FFL lined up. And in Arizona there is the back ground check to get a handgun. Is there a way for me to get that out of the way before I pay for this handgun or is that only when it arrives. (its my first handgun.)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can one get an ffl for just internet sales if I ddin't want to have a store front just yet.
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try gunbroker.com
  • Options
    ADfreeADfree Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is a link to the page mentioned above... http://www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thank you!!!!! i have found one through gb.com i knew the sight was there i just didnt know how to get to it. carl