In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W ???????

combine7700combine7700 Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
I need to find out how to remove the extractor from the cylinder of an old top-break 32 cal revolver?????????


  • v35v35 Member Posts: 13,200
    edited November -1
    The plunger that you see on the front of the cylinder when you remove it, unscrews with the extractor coming out the rear and the plunger and spring coming out the front.Modern S&W revolvers use a left hand thread and they are very tight or staked in place.Find out definitely whether yours is a Rh or Lh thread or you'll break the extractor rod if you're wrong. Better yet dont take it apart if you dont have to.
Sign In or Register to comment.