In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mystery ammo

1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a few boxes of ammo that I need help identifying. Markings on box show 7,62 kiv. 284 p i. sid. Box is roughly triangular in shape when viewed from the side.

Also states Keskus V followed by what appears to be a lot number of 220345nn

This is a rimmed rifle round - some of which have a yellow tip.

Head stamp shows 09 and 35 or maybe 6.0 and 35.

I'll try to post pics.

Thanks for any and all information.

richholley@cox.net

Comments

• Options
    1022man1022man Member Posts: 512 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought a bunch of loose ammo today from the pawn shop. Have one i think I know what it is, and another I have no true idea. First is 30cal full metal jacket bullet. At top of stamp is F, left side is NA, right side is TO, and the bottom is 73. There is a green sealer around the bullet and primmer. Am I right at guessing this is a 308. ANd the 2nd one. Bullet looks to be 25cal, and is rimfire, case is about 2.5cm long. Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm going to try to help with the first one. F can mean several things, among them being: Trefileries et Laminoires de la Mediterranee, Ste. Louis, France. French military case metal suppliers. NA can also mean several things including: Compagnie Industrielle et Miniere des Alpes, Ste. Amand les Eaux, France. French military. Unfortunately TO is not listed in my references; but finding the F and NA together strongly indicate that the cartridge is French in origin. It may be a 7.5 x 54mm MAS round, which is similar in appearance to a .308, but not interchangeable. Your second round sounds interesting, but without some very precise measurements of the case length and diameter and bullet diameter it would be almost impossible to hazard a guess.