In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Help with (kid) ear muffs

Harleeman1030Harleeman1030 Member Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know where and if they make Childrens ear muffs...I work in the oil field and have to wear ear plugs all the time..I do not want to be sticking plugs into my babies ears..Thanks Wayne

Comments

• bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know about baby size hearing protection, but if you are thinking about taking your baby near a shooting range, my suggestion is: don't. Their ears are too sensitive, and the noise of firearms could damage their hearing. If your family goes with you to a match you are competing in, make sure your wife keeps the baby away from the firing line.
  • Harleeman1030Harleeman1030 Member Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My kids are 8 and 5 years old sorry i still call them babies.....
  • bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, I had pictured "babies." At 8 and 5 they are pretty good size children. But still, be very careful with their hearing. Guys like you and me don't hear so well from all the shooting and loud noises over the years. Your kids can hear "all" the music now. Try to keep it where they will still hear it when they're adults. When my kids were that young, our whole family was involved in competitive shooting. When they were around he firing line, they wore double hearing protection...ear plugs with muffs. In fact, my wife and I did also, but we did it for concentration. It is good to hear you are concerned about the matter. You are obviously a good parent.
  • AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mr. Harleeman:Please forgive me for stepping all over your post --- but bsebast may return to look at this post and I need to holler at him.Mr. bsebast: If you still have those flint Siler locks that you mentioned to another member of the forum on another post, would you please e-mail me at adamsqua@bellsouth.net. Many Thanks Again please forgive me Mr. Harleeman -- I will shut up and get out of the way now.AdamsQuailHunter
  • shootitshootit Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When my kids were small, I took a set of those cheaper muffs with the all plastic head band and cut the band in the middle. Then, overlap the two halves till you get the size you need and carefully drill two holes through both halves and pop rivet together. Finish by wrapping a layer of black plastic tape around the joint to prevent their hair from being caught. Worked great for my kids for several years. I even put a different color tape on them so they had "their own" muffs.
    edited November -1
    shootit thanks...Adams no problem...I will try that on the ear muffs and yes two colors work great with a boy and girl...Thanks
  • pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/showad.html?promo_code=W99&item_id=22389&dc_id=4 try those. Not sure if they would be small enough, but the price is right.
    edited November -1
    Thanks GuysPIKE AL thanksWayne