In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thompson-Center Contenders

sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
A person that I know has a set of 5 Thompson-Center
Contenders that he would like to know the value of.
His father who just receintly passed away had purchased
these pistols while he owned a small gunshop years ago.
222 Rem Ser.#97276
22-Hornet Ser.#97277
30-M1 Ser.#97278
30-30 Winchester Ser.#97279
45 Colt Ser.#97280
These pistols have never been fired.Except probably
test fired at the factory. He had them in a
display case that he made, however he has the original
boxes that they came in.

"No dear, this isn't a new gun,,I've had this one for quite a long time,,honest,,"

Comments

• Options
    PiadeaPiadea Member Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The consecutive serial numbers add some interest to the right person but the serial number range is not early and the barrels (except for the M1) not particularly rare. My best guess would be somewhere in the 350-400 range per gun unless you can find someone who really wants them all. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Send me your e-mail address as I have a good friend who is a dealer and collector of T/C Contenders. I'll give you the name a number at his gunshop. charliemill@earthlink.net (groundhog devastation)
  • Options
    sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Piadea and groundhog devastation, Many Thanks for the
    help!!

"No dear, this isn't a new gun,,I've had this one for quite a long time,,honest,,"
  • Options
    bullelkbullelk Member Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sodbuster,
    I just got back from a gun show and I was talking to a T/C dealer. He was telling me that they are going to start production of the Contenders again. I wouldn't break up that consecutive set. There are a lot of T/C collectors out there that would pay a premium for that set. If you want, I can check with this guy I know here in Maine who's a collector. He can give me an idea what they are worth, and what he tell's me will be very conservative because he'll want to try get them at a steal.

Gino --- bullelk@psouth.net