In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need FFL for factory repairs?

k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
Ok gents, do i need a FFL holder to send or receive a gun going into the manufacturer for repairs.

Comments

• Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, you can ship your firearm directly to a manufacturer for repairs, but you have to use FED X or UPS overnight for a handgun, a long gun can go thru the USPS. The manufacturer can return ship the firearm directly to you at your residence.

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks fo the info, wasnt sure about it. After bad luck with UPS loosing shipments on me i guess i'll go FEDEX
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    UPS WORKS. JUST BUY ENOUGH INSURANCE.
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One more thing, when shipping a gun back to a manufacturer for repair, never put the comppany name (indicating the contents is a firearm) on the shipping label. For instance, when I ship a gun to Smith & Wesson, I address the shipping label: Service Dept, 2100 Roosevelt Ave, Springfield MA, or to Colt: CMCI, Talcott Rd, Hartfod Ct. It lessens the chance that a thief will spot the package as a gun and make off with it.

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • Options
    ref44ref44 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Technically, the Brady Law requires that no identification as to a firearm be on the outside of the package. For instance, Navy Arms ships "NA Corp". The Brady Law also makes the theft of a firearm from an FFL a federal offense.