In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

what is it???

dr.dirtdr.dirt Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
here are three pictures of a gun a friend has. He said its called a "lemon squeezer". As you grip the handle and prepare to pull the trigger, you must squeeze and depress the lever on the back of the grip in order for it to fire. We can't even tell what shells it takes, .22 and 32 just fall right through, but .380 won't fit. It says 32 on the side of the barrell.

Would it be civil war, WWI era, or what? any help would be appreciated. TIA... david

2362410650_f1d73f0bdb.jpg?v=0

2362410422_bf076d8e69.jpg?v=0

2361579519_160e0367dd.jpg?v=0

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I need help!!! lever action sold by sears,clip fed, 22 cal with brass reciever and trigger. can I buy a clip? does it have any worth beyond a normal 22 lever action? as always any help is deeply appriciated.......drt.dirt
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a gun I found in a shoe box in my garage(father-in-laws). I would like to know more about it.

OK, it is a 38 Special. On the barrel is says on one side ".38 Special Caliber" on the other side it says "Special Police Model". On the body is says "Miroku Firearms Mfg. Co.". On the grips(wood) it has a silver piece that has a "BC" engraved in it in fancy letters. On the bottom of the grips on the frame it says "Miroku Japan" and a serial # 27XXX.

So can anyone help me out here? Maybe a history or anything that can help me know what I have? Maybe a ball park value on the gun? Maybe a year in which it could have been made?

Thank you very much... John
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dad picked up a Mauser at the gunshow the other day.
    I'd like to know if anyone can tell me year of mfg, collectability, or anything for that matter about it.

It's marked "FN Herstal" serial number is "07X" no pre, or suffix.
    It has a 16" barrel, what looks like it might be a military stock with shortened handguards. It has a stripperclip guide, and the notch in the reciever on the left side. No military markings.
    Import mark by the muzzle "St albins VT"
    Looks unfired. Calbier is 308, and it has the mag block in the magazine.
    Wood is about 80%, all metal is excellent, about 95%.
    There's another marking on the reciever, and one next to the import mark on the barrel, but I cant remember what they say.
    Thanks in advance.
    Eric
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really wish I could be of more help here,it sounds like you might have a Stevens rifle.I have seen one rifle like you mention and it was designed as you described. After a few phone calls we found out it was indeed a Stevens, and it had some collector value to it. you may try to call Sears and find out the number to their corporate headquarters,and give them the serial number to see what you really have. the difference in yours and the other one I saw was it was tube fed not clip fed. As for magazines try your local gun dealer and see if he has any Marlin mags on hand, if he does Ill bet there you have found a mag. Any way you may have a very rare gun. There were very many gun makers who made guns for sears over the years.

Good luck,Rugster

Edited by - rugster on 04/28/2002 18:33:17
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think what you have is a Marlin mfg'd Model 56 Levermatic, .22lr 8-shot magazine, made 1955-64, 22" barrel, has adj. sight on barrel infront of reciever like most. Pistol grip, monte carlo style stock. Doesn't apear any checkering on it. $165

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't believe its a stevens, I can't find anything in any of my books about stevens making a magazine-fed lever action rifle. I even looked under savage-stevens.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee