In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

can i?

ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
jeez, i'm starting to sound like an amatuer here, lol. well my question is.....i just moved to madison wisconsin and i'm wondering where i can shoot? i lived up north my whole life and we would just go out to a field or gravel pit or anywhere there weren't houses and shoot and we never had a problem. i'm wondering if i can go out in the country, in the woods and plink around? is it legal? do i have to have a hunting liscence? if any of you live in madison you know how p.c. they are and how you can't purchase handguns here. i don't want to get in trouble[b)] because they won't put any public ranges up. any advice you guys have is much appreciated. thanks again, cody

Comments

• Options
    nelchrisnelchris Member Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HEY,I LIVE IN AREA .YOU CAN NOT TARGET SHOOT ON PUBLIC HUNTING GROUNDS A FEW YEARS AGO WE HAD GRAVEL PITS EAST AND WEST WHERE WE COULD SHOOT BUT THEY ARE GONE.HOW ABOUT GUN CLUBS STOUGHTON HAS ONE ALSO PORTAGE THEY HAVE A RIFLE RANGE .MIDDLETON HAS A SKEET/TRAP PLUS A INDOOR PISTOL ALSO BRISTOL HAS SK/TR BUT PLACES WHERE YOU CAN JUST GO AND SHOOT ARE UP NORTH MAKE FRIENDS WITH A LAND OWNER
  • Options
    colt100colt100 Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have lived in wis all my life and I don't understand that you can's buy handguns in Madison. Has Madison enacted an ordinance that forbids the sale of handguns? I'm sure that there is a local range near the madison area. My suggestion is to go and ask local sportmans clubs for local ranges. If there are no ranges near madison, move somewhere else.

Where does law enforcement shoot near Madison? If you just want to go out in the woods and shoot, contact the dnr (their HQ is in Madison)and they have a web site. It's best to ask first then to be sorry later.
  • Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i found a public outdoor range outside blanchardville. it's quite a drive but it's nice. hardly anyone out there at all. i'm not sure what the deal is with madison's no handgun sale, every other city i've been to in wisconsin has handguns for sale, but p.c. madison is starting to turn into commifornia. oh well, i'm moving to texas pretty soon. i hear they have more friendly gun laws there. thanks for your help guys, much appreciated. cody
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    AMERISKIN; I'M FROM WIS. ALSO, YOU CANN'T JUST GO OUT IN THE WOODS AND START BLASTING-YOU NEED LAND OWNER PERMISSION FIRST. ASK AT SEVERAL GUN SHOPS (NOT K-MART ECT.)THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DIRECT YOU TO A RANGE. YES,MADISON DOES HAVE AN ORDINANCE THAT DOESN'T ALLOW HANDGUN SALE IN THE CITY (YOU CAN OWN/POSSESS THEM, JUST NOT BUY THEM).