In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Krieghoff Drilling, Pre-War...Honest Value !!

gunny6gunny6 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
Friend of mine needs too sell his; Krieghoff Neptune Primis Drilling.
This is a pre war gun in 90/95% original condition..16 ga. over 8x57JR Mauser, short insert in 22 LR, recent full length insert in 22 Hornet. Gun was cleaned, inspected, and 22 Hornet insert fitted by Krieghoff International in 2001..they date the gun as 1937/38..
Planing too list on this auction site as soon as we get pictures, need an honest value please....

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I's worth more than I have, unless your willing to do some swapping....ummm how about, my wife, a beagle, and a goat, even up for it

Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    GUNNY: This is to tough a call to make sight unseen...I'd suggest that the owner go back to Krieghoff International for an estimate of worth..It would be a lot better evaluation as they know the Gun...Best...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tailgunner..I offered him both of my Jennings, plus my JC Higgins, Ted Williams model...no go...might try too add a goat ...
    Capt. Kirk..don`t I remember you being in Sedona ?? I`m in Camp Verde if you would like a look see....
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Gunny: Drop me a personal via direct email....Best...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw one the other day on a collectible site for.....I want to say.....$8795. I have no experience with them, but I hope that may help some or any.

When in doubt...empty the magazine!!
  • Options
    coyote-mancoyote-man Member Posts: 78
    edited November -1
    I have a drilling myself, dating around 1928, but the only way that some of these drillings can be given a value is, how much some one wants to pay for it. If your drilling is in the condition that you say it is, then it could fletch a good sum. I myself would not buy one of these on the auction without first looking at the firearm, just so many things to consider.
    I would first look in "The Blue Book of Gun Values" and see if this one is listed, then start digging around a finding some one that might be in your area that may deal with drillings. Check in the Shotgun News and Gunlist and see what you may find. You might get a better price from some one that is actually a collector of drillings.
    DON'T BE IN A BIG HURRY ON THIS ONE!

Edited by - coyote-man on 04/30/2002 12:18:05
  • Options
    p0838p0838 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look for Nazi proofs. The Drilling was a survival gun for WW2 Luftwaffe.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks all for the input..I feel that my buddies drilling is worth much more then he is wanting too sell it for..If I had the money, oh well, wish..wish..