In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gunshow Swaparounds...

leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
You know those guns that someone tinkered with a really messed it up, nothing that you can tell by looking at it, but would cost way to much to fix. And they float around gunshows getting traded, going through several hands, waiting for the next poor fool to buy it.
Well what do you do with one that you've got, and you don't want to sell it to someone because you don't want to screw them, but you don't want to sell it for nothing.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 4 ways of disposing of such items:
    1. Put in a box labelled: "Save for gun buy-back program".
    2. Sell to Gun Parts Corp for a couple of bucks.
    3. Cut it up and take to the dump.
    4. Describe accurately & post on GB; some folks will buy anything.

Neal
  • k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if the outside isnt messed up to bad, hang it on a wall for decoration.
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I call that buying lessons. BTDT

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

To the stars through difficulties
    standard.jpg
  • rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wall hanger, display case, etc.

Use it for experimenting with cold blue, nickel, park, etc.

Use it for experimenting with trigger jobs, action jobs, etc.

Parts!
  • azgunnut2@yahoo.comazgunnut2@yahoo.com Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tell us about it , with asking price , we buy this stuff (for parts)..
    Thnaks !!!!!!!!!
    azgunnut2@yahoo.com
  • rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. Put in a box labelled: "Save for gun buy-back program".
    LMAO. That is classic. What better way to get rid of a crappy, beat up worthless rifle.
  • gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    Take it back to gun show and let it float around again, unless you feel it's a safety concern and don't want the next owner to get hurt.
    You might end up selling it back to the same person for more money??
    It must be worth something to someone. Not too sure about using GB unless you plan on having it returned. I'd rather sell something questionable to someone who can pick it up and inspect it right there. If it's that bad, then using the buy-back program may be the thing to do if you can't use the parts. What is it anyways, maybe I can use it? GD
  • 4GodandCountry4GodandCountry Member Posts: 3,968
    edited November -1
    Don't do the gun buy back program! If you participate in the gun buy back program you will be doing yourself and the rest of the population a disservice.
    1. You would be fueling the anti gun fires, for it is certain they will use twisted statistics to show how benificial the buy back programs are.
    2. You would be paid with tax dollars that were stollen from hard working men and women who don't support the anti-gun agenda...

When Clinton left office they gave him a 21 gun salute. Its a damn shame they all missed....