In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger 9mm P-89TH

cforandcforand Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited April 2002 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking at getting a Ruger p-89th the gun is a new gun and is priced at 399.00 I didn't know if this was a good price? The dealer told me that it is a special edition(th). So let me know what you guys think. I'm looking at replacing my hi-point 9mm
thanks !

Comments

• cliffdropover1cliffdropover1 Member Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Price can vary according to your location. However, you are upgrading from a junker to a good Chevrolet. Reliable and well built.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shop around and compare prices at a few different dealers before buying.

Chris8161
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof!
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Ruger P-89th?

Never heard of it being refered to as "th"

I have a Ruger P-89 two tone and it has "special edition" written on the box, so I think he's feeding you some crap. You can buy one of these on GB for $340 right now. Even after S/H, FFL and all, it will still only cost $380.

Hell, you can buy a used one in great shape with a hicap for cheaper than that. Check this auction out....

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=3749783

The only diff between this and that "th" he's offering is this has a stainless slide instead of dark grey finish. Pretty, but the stainless shows wear a lot less.

My gun is prettier than yours, and it's a Glock!
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The gun your talking about is a two tone Ruger .9mm which is an exclusive through Davidsons Inc. The wholesale is $315.00 then probably another $15.00 for S@H . I sell them at $399.00 also but probably can be gotton cheaper. This model is not even in the Ruger catalog . It comes with one mag and should have Hogue rubber grips with the finger grooves. They are a nice gun.
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have to modify MFI's statement a bit.... It is a GREAT gun. 100% reliable, flawless function, and built to last.

You sure can get them cheaper than $400 though. Be patient and hnt around. If you can get one NIB for < $350, buy it.

My gun is prettier than yours, and it's a Glock!
  • MNTNMANMNTNMAN Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would say that $399 is on the High end. I paid $300 for a P94 almost a year ago.
  • NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For Niklasal:

How would you rate the P93? I just posted asking folks to give me input on which of the following $400-$500 pistols would be best for all around reliability, accuracy, and so forth:

Ruger P93
    CZ-75
    Springfields Coration XD
    others

How would you rate the P89 as far as accuracy? Would the P-93 be a fair substitute to the 89?

Thanks
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Look on www.gunbroker.com, and see what they go for there. Its usually a great place to start. But I'd definately say $400 is way to high, I swear I've seen them at one of the shops around town for $329.99 or so. For $400 I could find something with a little better trigger pull on it.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you are considering buying the right gun,but agree with the other guys about shopping around for a cheaper price. As to the reliability of the Ruger it cant be beat. They will eat about any ammo you wish to feed them,and in most cases if you get one with an icky trigger pull as you shoot a fair amount of ammo through them they usually clear up with a crisp trigger pull. And if your gun ever needs maintenance done to it I think you will find the staff at Ruger a pleasure to deal with. Plus I also agree that Gun Broker is the best place to shop for nearly any firearm!
    Good luck,

Rugster

Rugster