In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Black Hills Ammo

bill2740bill2740 Member Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
They advertise a .308 with a 168 gr. JBTHP. Price for new ammo is more reasonable than most of the stuff from the majors.

A - Anyone use their ammo? Opinions?

B - Does anyone know if they manufacture their own bullets or do they use, say, Sierra, for example, in this 168 gr. round?

C - Checked their web site and could not come up with an e-mail address. Anyone have it?

Much appreciated as always.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    black hills 52 grain match hollow point ammo is punching clover leafs into my target at 100 yards. (remington 700 VSSF in 223) anyone else have a load that they recommend for a 223?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Black Hills, 300 Win Mag, 190 gr BTSP. Anyone have any input on this
    ammo (accuracy)? Shooting a Browning ABolt II w/BOSS.

Bill
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can I buy ammo direct from Black Hills? I need a case
    of 300 Win Mag.

Bill
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your shooting with the Boss you are shooting a very accurate weapon,with about any factory ammo. I have chronagraphed several black hills types of handgun ammo and it all did well, or maybe even better than expected I think you have made a fine choice for a fine rifle. Good luck and good Shooting.

Rugster.

Edited by - rugster on 04/28/2002 18:46:23
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only way to know is to shoot it yourself. Buy a box and group it.

I personally love Black Hills ammo, great premium quality stuff at a price I like. I get there .223rem 68gr BTHP Moly ammo comparable with Federals Gold Medal but a heck of alot cheaper.

Visit me http://www.geocities.com/gunsmithlee
  • Options
    bigdog1bigdog1 Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very, very good ammo. Outstanding 223 ammo. I haven't heard any complaints from anybody on their ammo line. At least as good, if not better than the "Big" companies... Try some, you will not be disappointed...

Edited by - bigdog1 on 05/05/2002 10:12:59