In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

OLD REMINGTON .45 SHOT CARTRIDGES

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
I found an old box of cartridges today(while looking for another reloading manual to give away) that I have no idea where they came from or what I'm doing with them! It is a small plain brown box marked : CARTRIDGES, SHOT CALIBER .45 M15 For use in hunting small game. Effective range 25 feet. The box is worn and tattered but all 20 cartridges are there. Is it of any interest to anyone? GHD

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Groundhog.. I have use for them when rattlesnakes show up in my yard. I have used this type of ammo before with good results.
    Laredo
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Mr. GDH

1. Around here, north-central Florida, we are a little short on groundhogs----could you send us a few?????

2. In sandy areas, we have "gophers" which are a kind of tortise and are a protected species. Before they became a protected species, people made "gopher & dumplings" with them.

3. If this is for a .45 autoloader, I would be interested in them. I would be more than happy to reinburse you for packaging and shipping costs.

My Best Regards To You And Yours
  • Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GD I AM JUST STARTING A CARTRIDGE COLLECTION AND WOULD REALLY BE INTERESTED IN THESE .WILLING TOO GIVE YOU FAIR MARKET VALUE THANKS DON DDHOTBOT@HOTMAIL.COM

Edited by - ddhotbot on 11/01/2002 08:50:22
  • Options
    bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD,

.45ACP, 20 CARTRIDGES, SHOT, CALIBER .45 M15 - Issued for use as a survival load, not for combat.
    I understand these are valuable to a military collector.

Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now, I can buy more ammo.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD, et al. -

These are indeed military 'survival' loads circa 1942 for the .45 ACP. As such they will be corrosive-primed. Most were loaded by RA (Remington Arms). They will fire, but not feed (because of the extended case), in the M1911A1, so must be manually loaded one at a time. I've never tried them, but suspect they would be prone to stovepipe in the action for the same reason. These are relatively common and in a "worn and tattered" box will not generate much interest as a collectible except for the individual selling them as singles - $20 tops, realistically closer to $10.
  • Options
    TowboatTowboat Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If these are the crimped all metal cartridges I'm thinking of, I had some a few years ago. I found them to be superior to the current CCI product on the market. My 1911 liked them very much! No jams and they cycled the action very nicely. The current CCI product just isn't strong enough to cycle my weapon so I have to either manually work the action or install a weaker recoil spring (an idea I don't care for). I've been looking for more of these cartridges and haven't had any luck. If anyone knows where I can find some, please let me know!

Good judgment comes from experience........experience comes from bad judgment.