In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"I" (vs J) frame Smith question

beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know if the grips on these guns are interchangeable with J frame Smiths?

Some seller on Ebaby is selling grips for the:

"Smith and Wesson (Round butt models only), chief, special, hand
ejector, terrier, kit"

Would these fit a standard "J" frame? (Or is it impossible to tell without more info)?

Thanks in advance to all you Smithophiles!

(By the way, if anyone wants to share an Smith I frame nostalgia story, I'd love to hear it!).

Comments

• Options
    muchow0123muchow0123 Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a J frame round butt revolver and I recentaly purchased some grips off ebay. If you look at your revolvers grip (from the side)it will either be curved all the way down to the bottom of the butt or it will be kind of curved starting at the top and then straighten up at the bottom. Also If the bottom of the butt has rounded corners it will be a round butt revolver.
  • Options
    muchow0123muchow0123 Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also most all J frames are small and will usually work on all models. Thier might be a case were tailoring is need.
  • Options
    CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The difference between the I-frame and the J-frame pertains to the length of the frame to accomodate a slightly longer cylinder. The grips interchange.

Scrappy Doo sleeps with the fishes.