In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping Regulations into state of New York

GoldenDog1GoldenDog1 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
edited October 2004 in Ask the Experts
I was told that to ship rifles and shotguns into the state of NY, the seller must not only ship to an FFL (which is the federal requirements) but also must ship from an FFL in originating state. Is this accurate? If yes, I can't see what additional security issues are being accomplished for NY. Also, if this is true, it might be worthy of GB to add this little tidbit into their "Seller's info on shipping." Would appreciate any educated responses.

Comments

• Options
    joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that the concern is creating a valid paper trail. Many FFL dealers will accept a copy of a driver's license with a photo.
  • Options
    EOD GuyEOD Guy Member Posts: 931
    edited November -1
    From what I have been told by a NY dealer, there is nothing in NY state law that requires shipment from an FFL. However, the NY State Police, who regulate dealers, have interpreted the law in their own way and say that shipment from an FFL is required. I cannot remember if this was only for handguns or for all firearms.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This applies to handgun shipments only in NYS State. An FFL is not required with a long gun as long as the sellers information is with the gun.

God gave us all a gift. Have you found yours yet ?