In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

skeet gun question

WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
also posted in general discussion:

My newest shotgun arrived yesterday, it has a small flat head screw holding the barrel selector to the left. I can't remove the screw, but the gun doesn't seem to shoot both barrels only one barrel. It is a beretta and I'm wondering if it is an inertia cocked type gun. I will try and post pics of the screw but my digital camera software is acting up. Here is a link to the auction where the seller specifically mentions the screw in the item description. I would like to remove the screw, and I would like to know why I can't get this gun that is in 98% plus condition to cock both barrels.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?item=38494897

I took pics but my digital camera software won't let me upload them onto my computer. If pics will really help, I will take then with my cell phone and email them to myself so that I can post the pics.

thanks for the help.

R/

Dave
th_bigclay.bmp
People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.

-- A. J. Liebling

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Open, than close the gun. Pull the trigger, than smack the butt hard with your hand (or bounce it on the floor), pull the trigger again. Did you hear it "click" the second time, like it did the first pull?

Whittemore
    Some guys like a mag full of lead, I still prefer one round to the head.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    how old is that gun dave? most beretta are interia.
    follow the above advice, but i think you already know that.
    is it a field grade beretta? it might be a non selective trigger. that screw is to keep the bbl select intact. but it should switch to the next bbl upon firing. if not, you have a transfer bar problem. let us know.
    (regards, former president nas lemoore skeet and trap range, former shrike.)[;)]

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, former navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction. NRA certified instructor.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    HokkmikeHokkmike Member Posts: 577 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just bounce it lightly on the floor. Try the second barrel. (just affirming what was already said)

Sako Fan