In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sks scope

cobra01cobra01 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
the scope mount rocks now after i went to the gun range. is it because of the scope mount or the gun? deer season is coming up pretty soon and i don't know what to do with it.

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    They tend to fit pretty loose. There are some that have tensioning screws that take the play out.

Neo-Jedi Council
    th_rebspin.gif
    th_o10.gif
  • Options
    hatchettmanhatchettman Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is not the firearm, it`s the mount, Leaper makes the 931 mount , that slides in the receiver and has the 4 tensioning screws on it that tighten down on the receiver just above the stock. It is also see-thru, so you can use your hard sights. It comes with 1 inch built in rings. This mount is easy to install and will solve your problem. If you need one, $20.00 shipped----hatchettman2003@yahoo.com
  • Options
    cobra01cobra01 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    so this is a common problem for sks owners? hatchettman,i looked up the leaper scope mount for the sks and i like the see-thru feature but what's the best scope mount for the sks?
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    That Leapers mount is going to be pretty good. Any of them with tension screws do better than the rest

Neo-Jedi Council
    th_rebspin.gif
    th_23018.gifth_22987.jpgMWC '05