In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt gov't model--

peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
edited October 2005 in Ask the Experts
Acquired an '80 series gov't model that is a bright stainless steel(?) with a s/n of SS318xx. Does the SS in the s/n indicate Stainless Steel or something else? What is the configuration of the 'Ultimate'? I did not get the box, so no info there. Could anyone give me an approximate DOM and value. Since it is bright ss, would that make it an 'Ultimate', or are there other enhancements on the 'Ultimate'. It appears to be unfired, or if fired, very little.
Thanks---Peabo
MVC-339S.jpgMVC-340S.jpg

MVC-279S.jpg
Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see !!
NRA Life Member

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, the SS in the serial number indicates Stainless Steel, and the "Ultimate" name is given to the highly polished stainless guns.

Ultimate only refers to the finish and does not mean there are other upgrades to the pistol. I cannot give you an exact manufacture date, but that model was made from 1986 to 1996.

Its value without the box is around $700.00 to $750.00.

Joe
    "Never let school interfere with your education"
  • Options
    peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, Joe. So, since this one is highly polished SS, should I assume that it is the 'Ultimate'?
    Thanks---Peabo

MVC-279S.jpg
    Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see !!
    NRA Life Member
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not necessarily. It is easy to polish the Colt stainless models bright using steel wool.

Neal