In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What gives?

5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a hand priming tool from RCBS...some of my RCBS shellholders fit just fine but some will not go on far enough...its like the plastic piece the shellholder go on will not let the shellholder will not go on far enough. They are all RCBS shellholders.

Comments

• Options
    partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    Sorry, can't help. Did you post this on the "reloading" page of this forum? Might he;p.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used one for awhile, then went back to the priming tool put out by Lee. The Lee tool works better.

Call up the customer service people at RCBS, about it. When I broke the first one I had, they sent me another one.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Manufacturing error. They once made a lot of 11mm Mauser shellholders too thin and they snapped right off the first time you used them. I talked with Fred Huntington himself on the phone about it and he sent me the new shellholder.
    You need to contact customer service.
  • Options
    idahoduckeridahoducker Member Posts: 740 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're using a shell holder made before 1980 you'll need to buy a new one. They changed them a little then and the old ones won't work in the hand primer.
    Compare the bases of the holders that work to the ones that don't. You'll see the difference. I think the instructions say something about this.