In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SKS value

saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2009 in Ask the Experts
I need to know the value on my Russian made sks plz?
Condition is good (8 out of 10 range) all numbers match, that is the numbers on the bolt, barrel and stock. Are there more numbers?

thanks in advance
Tom

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just got a Chinese/Norinco SKS which is new in the box and still packed in grease, what do these sell for now ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guys,
    Anyone sell many SKS's? I have a 1954 Russian. It has a composite "sporter" stock. Also has a cheap scope and mount. I also have all the original woodwork and bayonet, and a 30 rd detachable mag.
    I see these Russian ones on GB starting for $450 and over, but it doesn't look like many sell. What is a realistic street price? A guy wants to give me $350. What do you think?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Romanian M56 SKS I would like if someone could tell me what it's worth. It's not in perfect condition but it is still nice please hit me with any info.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    WHAT IS THE BALLPARK VALUE OF A RUSSIAN SKS STAMPED 1950r LAMINATED STOCK ALL MATCHING NUMBERS MAG STOCK BOLT RECEIVER ETC? I WOULD RATE IT AT 85% I THINK THE RECEIVER IS PAINTED REST BLUED IT HAS THE BLADE BAYONET
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take the money and run! A sporterized SKS has virtually no collectors value. If yours has been drilled and tapped for a scope moun,t and doesn't have the original mag, it's just a shooter. Times are really rough now money wise, $350 would be a good deal IMHO.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with rufe-snow take the buyers offer the detachable mags are useless anyway and so are the cheap scopes and mounts. They add no value to any gun.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since you have "extras" with it and the original stock ect., good deal for both.imo..nambu
  • Options
    jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes- but he said he had the original wooden stock and bayonet to return it to original condition- right? But if it was tapped for a scope- that could be a drawback.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I do have the original mag installed currently, and I have the original wood and bayonet. It could be put back to original except the tapped holes for the scope mount. I do see guys asking for more than that regularly here, but I'm not sure they get are getting it. That said, the general opinion seems to be its a fair deal?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can find the actual selling price of common guns by clicking on the Smart Search button at the top of the GB home page. Enter the key words, select COMPLETED AUCTIONS, select HIGHEST NUMBER OF BIDS FIRST. Disregard all auctions where the number of bids is 0. Look at the auctions & find photos of guns that look like yours.

In the case of Russian SKS's, there are many variations. The highest prices are for original finish guns that are like new, then arsenal rebuilds that are in excellent condition. Shooters (like yours) will be near the bottom.

Neal

EDIT: Good point about the holes. If what you have is a top cover that's been drilled, it's easily replaced by you & won't affect the value. But, if the receiver has been d&t'd......you take a big hit.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IF its actually been "drilled for scope",,,take the deal and don't look back..That is the biggest turn off for me on that kind of rifle..imo..nambu