In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt 1908

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 673 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
This is the second of the "interesting" guns out of my Dad's collection. This is the one I remember him carrying off duty when everything else was too big (such as when jogging/wearing sweats and such).

The serial is 396467 and the blue looks about 80% with some minor pitting (this phone camera makes things look MUCH worse than it is). There is some gouging/damage to the slide at the slide lock which you can see in one shot.

I do know this was manufactured in 1933 although that's about the sum total of my knowledge. It does all look original, and despite my inability to get a clear pic the lettering and Colt emblem on the rear of the slide seem crisp and clear,

A with the High Standard thread, I'd appreciate information regarding relative value, keeper vs trader vs plinker, etc.. This one does have some sentimental value so it will likely be a long-term keeper regardless but it's always good to know.

IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    What is a reasonable offer for a colt 1908 25acp.
    A friend is selling his and hasnt set a price yet.
    He got it from the son of the original owner a few years ago.
    He believes it was made in the early 1920s.
    It is in exc cond 95%+(muzzle wear).
    It has black plastic colt grips,colt name on mag,ser#302xxx.
    Case colors are all vivid.
    Bore is perfect.
    He has the original box and some paperwork.
    The box is in poor to fair cond.
    As a John Browning design gun collector I am interested in making him an offer.
    Thank You.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might give the auctions a try for ballpark fair market value. Although having the original box and paperwork will obviously influence the value on the positive side substantially. This current ammo/gun crazyness might throw things out of whack though. Herd mentality cause folks to do stupid stuff.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At auction, I would expect it to sell in the $400-500 range.

I don't know what "reasonable" means, your friend must decide.

Neal
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The original box and papers help it, true 95% with case colors, you're looking at $600 easy enough.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That serial number dates to 1921.