In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I could not find specs. on a 4569 TSW pistol.

SNIPERXXSNIPERXX Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
Anyone familiar with this pistol please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please post a photo of the gun, close enough that we can read the model number.

Neal
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    google "s&w 4569 tsw"
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That should be the 45 caliber 3rd generation S&W auto, in stainless, with a 4 or 4 1/4" barrel, and double action only. It also has an accessory rail on the front dust cover.

Best
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SNIPERXX

Anyone familiar with this pistol please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

What do you want to know?

Its one of the Smith 3rd generation autos, and its going to be substantially similar to the other 45XX guns in the same series.

These are all single-stack, 45ACP, have ambidextrous safety, standard rubberized grips, good no-snag Novak combat sight, and magazine disconnect safety (no mag in gun. . .no fire).

I think this particular variant is basically the same as the 4566. So it should also have an 8+1 capacity, stainless steel slide AND frame, underbarrel rail (to mount a light and/or laser), bobbed/no snag hammer, and be double-action only.

The latter means you can't "cock" the gun. To fire it requires a long revolver-like heavy trigger pull. This decreases the chance of a negligent/accidental discharge, but reduces rate of fire a bit and possibly reduces practical accuracy.

Should look something like this (though maybe not exactly):
    1hw3a7wifq.jpg