In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

? for bert about a 94 carbine.

eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
i have this 94 carbine in 30-30 serial number 1112618. what i would like to know,is this a transitional rifle? carbine style butt plate,standard style rear sight with elevator and front sight ramp intergal with the barrel and in front of barrel band and sight blade dovetailed into the ramp, the ramp has a sight hood. the barrel markings are win proof steel,model 94 winchester 30wcf. i was compareing it with a other 94 i own serial number 1061451 it has a carbine butt plate,carbine latter type rear sight and front sight behind barrel band and blade pinned in.barrel marked model 94 winchester nickle steel 30 wcf. do you think the barrel may have been replaced on the first rifle? thanks eastbank.

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, it is a "transitional" Carbine, and it was manufactured in August of 1936. No, the barrel has not been replaced. The "transitional" style Carbines all fall in the 1111500 - 1129000 serial number range (July 1936 - May 1937), and have a Proof Steel barrel, and the ramp style front sight.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    would there be any increase in price for this carbine over a carbine made right before the transitional carbine,in the same condition? thanks bert, eastbank.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, there is not. In fact, the earlier production Carbines are worth slightly more.