In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ithaca 37 deluxe DOM

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 673 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
Can someone please tell me the year an Ithaca model 37 deluxe was made?
SER#806xxx.
Thank You.

Comments

• Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    tone59tone59 Member Posts: 673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you Ambrose.
    this one has a plain black grip cap.
    the other 37s ive seen have either a pheasant or the word ithaca on the cap.
    can anyone tell me if some made in 62 had a plain cap?
    the seller claims it is a deluxe model.
    thank you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The features of the deluxe standard grade (no rib) are beaver tail slide handle with finger grooves and, introduced in 1962, a recoil pad embosed "Ithaca". It, of course, had the Raybar sight. There was also a deluxe with a solid rib and one with a ventilated rib--the features on those are a bit different. As far as the grip cap; the Ithaca marked one came along in 1968 during the General Recreation years. The Sid Bell cap with the pheasant came out in 1978. The origional owners of Ithaca handed the company off in 1967 so your 1962 gun was made by the origional company. (The current Ithaca company is #4)
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a sid bell 20 ga. ithica ultra feather, with a gold QUAIL in the grip caap and still has a sticker still on it that says walnut.. the serial# starts with ULT and about 8 #s .. Is it a chinese
    knock-off.. or the real McCoy?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    juan: Sounds like it's "real". Those grip caps had a couple of different ducks, the pheasant, quail (or maybe partridge!), or deer. And ULT was either before or after the # on the ulta-lites.