In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

E. German MAK vs. CZ 82

Manoa-FishermanManoa-Fisherman Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I have a fairly nice east german makarov which shoots very well. I was wondering how it stacks up against the CZ-82 in terms of ease of use and accuracy.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Czech pistol has a greater mag capacity. But the German Makarov is considerably more valuable, because fewer were imported and sold as surplus.This was during the 90's time frame. Something like 10 years before the Czech's were imported. They were also considered the finest finished and smoothest operating of the maks.

Far as ease of use and accuracy, 6 of one, to 1/2 dozen of another. Both are reliable for short range personal protection, neither are target pistols. because of the trigger pulls and fixed sights.

If your thinking of getting rid of your Makarov to get a CZ, I wouldn't do it. You would only be improving in mag capacity.
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a MAK & CZ 82. The CZ is my carry gun due to the capacity. I like shooting the CZ more. My MAK is Bulgarian and worth less than an E. German MAK. A nice thing about MAKs is there are a lot of parts available and they are very easily fixed by the owner. I've had mine completely apart except for the extractor and its spring. The CZ is much more complicated to completely disassemble.
  • Options
    Manoa-FishermanManoa-Fisherman Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I wasn't inclined to sell my MAK, but was wondering how the CZ was, since it was cheaper and CZs in general aren't too bad.