In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glades Gunworks 1911

62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I just picked up a nearly new 1911 made by "Glades Gunworks". It is built on a Caspian stainless frame and a blue Caspian slide. It has a cone type barrel with a three port rib on top. It has a shorter grip frame, but I don't know if it is as short as an Officer's Model - a standard mag sticks out about 1/2". The barrel is 3 5/8". It has Heinie sights, a speed chute mag well and checked forestrap and nice double diamond rosewood grips. Does anyone have any experience with this company? As near as I can tell they were in business in Coral Gables, FL for 20+ years, but are closed now.
Thanks

edit: Forge thanks, but I'm trying to find out a little about the builders - Glades Gunworks to get some idea of what kind of quality they put into their builds. It's my understanding that Caspian is a satisfactory, but not a top shelf builder of parts for 1911 builds.