In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hakim illegal where ?

Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
Thinking of selling a Hakim. With all the anti-gun laws being passed, what states can't I ship to ? It's a 8mm semi auto rifle and the magazine does detach. It is a C&R.

Comments

• Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    It depends on how many the mag holds I suppose. either way, post up a link....I want a Hakim....might just put a few bids on it![8D]
  • Options
    Joe DreesJoe Drees Member Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    the middlethe middle Member Posts: 3,089
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Joe Drees
    10 rounds

The NY will be out soon. It may be legal in Commifornia, but it'll be a pain to sell there. Not sure about Jersey or Ill, and MA. I think, but dont hold me too it, you would be safe in any other state....just remember to state "be sure this is legal where you live" as an auction condiction and youll be good. Then its on them to determine its leagality.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Joe Drees,

You can sell the rifle anywhere, you just can't send the magazine. If you are a private individual, and not a dealer, all you need is the dealer's blessing to send it to him in California. I have been that route, and their laws have been directed more toward dealers. The NY laws are back peddling, and they are amending some laws. Since "Nobody makes a 7 round magazine, 10 round magazines are OK, but you can't load more than 7 rounds in them.
    All that said, I have yet to see, any state that has enacted a law, that prohibits less than 10 round capacity or magazines.

Best