In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Select fire AR lower reciever

pietro75pietro75 Member Posts: 7,048
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I saw an AR receiver at a pawn shop today that was marked full-auto, semi-auto safety.

It had the markings at the selector switch for full, semi and safe.

What would it take to build this rifle legally.

Comments

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pietro75
    I saw an AR receiver at a pawn shop today that was marked full-auto, semi-auto safety.

All AR15 Internals, especially the selector. How was the receiver marked???
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    It is the presence of the auto sear pin hole above the selector that indicates whether or not the receiver is semi auto or select fire. You can build it up as a standard semi auto but the use of an M16 selector is prohibited in AR semi autos.

M16A1-1.jpg
    M16A1_2.jpg
    M16-3Autosear.jpg
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Was it a Spikes Tactical lower like this one?

SPKSTLS016-CE_1.jpg

Description:

Semi-auto lower receiver is machined from a 7075 T6 aluminum forging to mil-spec dimensions for precise fit and outstanding performance. Ruggedized hardcoat anodized finish resists scuffs, scratches, and wear. Stamped and color-coded bullet selector position markings notify operator when weapon is in "safe" or "semi-auto." A "full-auto" position is not selectable but gives this semi-auto lower receiver the appearance of being multi-burst capable. Magazine well features Spike's spider logo and multi-cal engraving. Stripped Lower comes as a standalone component without trigger group, mag release, selector, or bolt release.
    Mfr Part: BST15
    100-004-685WB
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, I am going to stop up there tomorrow ans look internally to see if it is milled out Or is drilled out above the selector.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite

All AR15 Internals, especially the selector. How was the receiver marked???

I didn't look close. Then he grabbed it up and bought it. The attendant said they had more to put out, so I am going to find out tomorrow. Thanks for the insight.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    What would it take to build this rifle legally.You'd have to be properly licensed and the firearm would only be for military or law enforcement use.

No full autos manufactured after '86 are possible for the average person.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you my experts! I stopped in there today after work and checked out the stripped receiver. It was not designed for full-auto capabilities.

As some of you had revealed, it was just markings on the receiver for looks.

The manufacturer was some small name from southern Idaho.