In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester SXR

jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
Does anybody have strong feelings about the Winchester SXR?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Has anyone had any experience with the new Winchester SXR rifle?
    It looks good on paper but I can not find anyone that has had first hand experience using one.
    I like my Winchester Model 100 in .308 and thought that the new Winchester in .300 Magnum might be a nice addition to the gun cabinet.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone know if you can adjust the trigger on the Winchester SXR's?

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    anybody have much experience with the SXR? I know they are very similar to a BAR but I can get the winchester for less than the browning. me and the wife both drew out for a buck mule deer hunt in southern utah this year, so i was wanting to get a new rifle for me (her). she has never shot a high powered rifle but loves to shoot shotguns. we are going to go out and shoot some different calibers of bolt actions to see how she handles the recoil but I have wanted to get an SXR for a while but wanted to hear some people opinions on them.
  • Options
    spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as I know it's a cheaper version of the browning bar. I see no good reason to choose it over a mk I or mk II bar, but it's a proven design so it's probably not bad.
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    Guy I know has one in every caliber. He calls them the poor mans Browning.

They seem to like them.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    I've worked on both, go with the browning. the 'bolt hold-open' is worth the extra $$$