In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1911 "Commanding Officers Model"

ChocopanChocopan Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I've had this gun sitting in my safe for years. It is a 1911 commanding officers model. I checked with colt and they said it was a limited run made back in 1987. It was handed down to me years ago. I'm guessing I'm the second owner and it is in mint condition. Was wondering if anyone could put a value on the gun. Can't find any good info on it.
It is blued in color. Says colt MK IV on the left side, and commanding officers model on the right. Trying to figure out how to post pics......working on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    It is chambered in .45acp
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Serial number's alpha prefix and first 2 numeric needed to verify value.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    1st letters in the serial # FC
    Not sure what the alpha numbers are.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    FC13 are the first 4 letters and numbers
  • Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few other folks have asked about the Commanding Officer model over the past several years. One is below and you can access "search" for the rest.

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=316435&SearchTerms=commanding,officer

You'll see a post from me in the above link about one I owned. These were in matte, stainless, and polished blue I believe but I don't know totals. At the time I was researching mine I learned there were 500 but I don't know if that was a total for for each of the finishes. Some folks think these are valuable because Colt made so few. My opionion, and that's all it is, is that the Colt marketing folks decided to make as many options as they could in order to sell as many units as possible. Basically just took Officer's Model slides and combined them with Commander size frames. For my money it was a marketing gig and these have roughly the same value as the many 1911 versions of instant collectibles that Colt pumped out. In today's market probably worth $1000 or so in the condition you describe. . .maybe more given the recent inflation of prices.