In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Crosman 38C .22

JoeFazJoeFaz Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
Greetings:
I just found my old Crosman 38C Co2 pistol. It has a broken grip (the co2 side, left) and probably bad seals as it hasn't been fired or maintained in probably 30+ years. I checked Crosman Arms but their site says, "Parts unavailable through Crosman". Does anyone have a lead on where I might begin looking for a seal re-build kit and a new left side grip?
TIA.

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back in the 70's I rebuilt several. I never thought they were all that good. The 600 with the disconnector removed was way more interesting. A 130 with hand built valves was more powerful. The inner valve seal on a stem is like other Crossman CO2's; it might be longer or shorter on stem length. The CO2 cartridge holder was unique to that model I think. It connected to the main valve via a shaped copper tube. I think you could sort of change out the 8 shot cylinder The plastic grip had a metal half moon to snap over the CO2 cartridge. You might be able to modify K or L frame S&W grips to fit/work.