In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Magnum Research BFR 30/30 revolver

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 673 ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I saw one of these guns in a 10in barrel today.
Iam considering buying one for deer hunting and would like to hear from shooters regarding the quality of these guns.
Hows the recoil?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The quality of them is amazing. Just spin the cylinder on one and watch it go....and go.....and go.....[:D]

I had a couple of them and they are great shooters, built like tanks. Just too heavy for me to carry through the woods is why I got rid of mine.

Jon
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Magnum Research was purchased by Carr a couple of years ago. You might check their web-site to see if they kept the BFR in production. I know for a fact that they ceased selling some of the things that Carr Magnum Research previously handled.
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tone59
    I saw one of these guns in a 10in barrel today.
    Iam considering buying one for deer hunting and would like to hear from shooters regarding the quality of these guns.
    Hows the recoil?
    Thank you.

Quality: few guns would qualify to the high standards of these fine revolvers.

Recoil: for a 30-30 i would imagine not too bad.

i have one in .499LWR caliber, kicks like a fruking mule.., but i still love shooting it.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    got one in 500 smith got to ride the wave when fireing full power loads[:0]
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With respect to 30.30 recoil in the handgun, I have an unbraked T/C Contender in that caliber and would describe its recoil as modest. Having handled the various BFRs I think they're a bit heavier, I don't know if the SA type grip will diminish or increase felt recoil.