In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Identify this peep sight

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Ask the Experts
I got this in a bunch of gun parts. The only markings I can find are an '8' stamped on the inside of the curved part that mounts to the left side of a round receiver and the numbers'0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10' alternating left & right to set elevation. I would like to know the manufacturer, what it fits, and value. Any info will be appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I need help identifying this peep sight. I can't find any markings at all. It is about 2 5/8" long, 1 1/16" wide at wide end, the tower is 1 3/16" high and the mounting holes are 5/8" center to center. Any info on manufacturer, approximate value, and which firearm it fits will be appreciated.

[img][/img]DSCF10721.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10761.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF1073.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10741.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF10741.JPG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    As usual, I forgot to add the pictures!

[img][/img]Site2.jpg

[img][/img]Site1.jpg

[img][/img]Site3.jpg

[img][/img]Site4.jpg

[img][/img]Site5.jpg

[img][/img]Site6.jpg
  • Options
    richardaricharda Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is the factory equipment rear sight for the Stevens Model 416 .22 target rifle, which was also sold under the Sears name with a different Model number. These sights were often latr replaced by Lyman or Redfield match sights, which is why many of these Stevn sights are found off the rifle today.

These were made in the 1940s. A number of them were bought by the US military as training rifles in the WWII era. They were also sold on the civilian market.

They were Savage's answer to te Remington Model 513-T, and the Winchester Model 75 Target. They are worth les than those rifles today.
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    richarda nailed it. See auction #334124567.