In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bushmaster AR-15 Stock

jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
When I bought my gun I got the 4 position stock(Bushmaster Stamped) and the regular stock with it. Question: It has the 4-position stock on it and I would like to put the other stock on it. How do you adjust the bolt spring to know if it is right? I would hate to do this and it start jamming due to lack of proper adjustment as it now seems to work flawlessly. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The buffers and springs are different for each stockThere is a long buffer 6" for the A2 stock.The telestock buffer is closer to 3 1/2".If it is the fake telestock they will be the same size.cpermd
  • Options
    BoomerangBoomerang Member Posts: 4,513
    edited November -1
    You will need a tele stock spanner tool to remove the telescopic stock. Be very careful because there are two springs with pins in this area that will fly out of there before you know it. One holds back the buffer and buffer spring, the other holds back the take down pin and spring. Be sure you locate these pins and springs before you proceed. You can order the spanner tool from Bushmaster. Take this bit of advice to heart or you will be sorry. Boomer
    Protect our Constitutional Rights.