In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Century Arms AR15

LarryBLarryB Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
Are these rifles any good? How do they compare to a Olympic Arms AR15 or a Colt AR15?

Comments

• Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Century and Olympic should NEVER be used in the same sentance as ...COLTFor pretty much the same money you can get a used Colt or new Bushmaster. Remember the A,B,C's of AR's( Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt)and you can't go wrong.
    Just one more gun and I'll quit.....HONEST....
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 14 Olympc Preban lowers and 5 more coming in 10 days.They use USGI parts unlike any civilian "colt" sold.Piss off if you are not experienced here.Scuse my FrenchForged SGW and Olys are closer to USGI than any civvy Colt sold.cpermd[This message has been edited by cpermd (edited 12-31-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Didn't mean to piss anyone off. I know alot of guys that have had problems with oly's. I have 3 AR's and none are any of the above. They all shoot well and I am happy with them.A question was asked and an opinion as given. Sorry to offend.(by the way, mine are preban PWA's)
    Just one more gun and I'll quit.....HONEST....[This message has been edited by pops401 (edited 12-31-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    PopsRight now I am cutting down the barrel on an M16 kit that I refinished and putting it on PWA lower # 222XX for some lucky buyer.It will be a 18" Dissi look alike.All Colt except the PWA.I have never had a SGW or Oly out of spec.cpermd
  • Options
    Wade L. StackhouseWade L. Stackhouse Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I've probably shot just about every make of AR-15 that there is. The two AR's that I own are both Colts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    M16 parts? Have you seen this? www.forthehunt.com/auction/ViewItem.aspItem=2796586 Think it's a setup? (cutoff for PWA is 35222)
    I'll buy just one more gun and I'll quit.....HONEST....History is a vast early warning system
  • Options
    edited November -1
    DangChampagne gives me a headache.Those are legal to own if you do not have an AR in the house.I also have a boxcar full of Colts,just will never buy another.They are part of my retirement plan.cpermd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Best stock tip of the new year.Stock up! Got a few myself. Also retirement. Notice the 401 in my name? Only reason Colt's are better is that they demand more money. AS for the DIAS, still wouldn't touch it. pops
    I'll buy just one more gun and I'll quit.....HONEST....History is a vast early warning system