In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2 guns

snoopysnoopy Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
i have two guns given to me by my father. one is marked with "AMADEO ROSSI S.A" and "SAO LEOPOLDO R.G" It was made in Brazil, but also has Wash. D.C. Can anyone tell me about this gun? It is a revolverThe second gun was made in Czechoslovakia with a biz "Z" inside a circle on the gun. It also has "CESKA ZBROJOVKA-NAROONI PODNIK STRAKONICE" The numbers 635 and 48 are also on it. Anybody know anything about this one? It has a clipThank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a s M-II-AL cal 380RPB Industries INC Atlanta Ga. U.S.A. Serial # sap 3807993 The other one is INGRAM MIOAI CAL 9MM 45A.C.P. MILITARY ARMAMENT CORPS STEPHENVILLE, TX USA SERIAL # 5092488. Does anyone know approx. how much I could sell these guns for? I don't want them in my house. They were bestowed upon me. Thank you, bajllc
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    The first is a Rossi probably 38 or 357mag. They make several different models and sizes. Value around $200 in ex. cond.. Since all the CZ experts are out partying I'll take a stab at the 2nd one. Judging by the no. you have on the gun, and it sounds like they are not consecutive it is a CZ27 with a 3-digit ser.# either built or rebuilt in 1948. Production run was 1927-1950. It could be a CZ50 but it would have a 5 or 6 digit no. These were designed and built in Czechoslovakia for military and police use. They are recognized as very high quality and a lot of gun for the money. Don't really know it's worth, but if your father was in the service and brought this back from overseas without import marks it could be a collector's item. Caliber for the 27&50 is 32ACP. There was also a CZ45 but it is a very small pocket pistol weighing 15oz.[This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 01-01-2002).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oneshy, thank you for your response. On the gun with a "Z" there is a five digit number in addition to the 635 inside a circle with the 6 larger than the 35. The other numerals on the gun are "48" at an angle near the trigger with a strange symbol in front of the "48" Can you give me any more info. It was my fathers during WWII and is in a green box with a large Z. Thank you again
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oneshy, thank you for your response. On the gun with a "Z" there is a five digit number in addition to the 635 inside a circle with the 6 larger than the 35. The other numerals on the gun are "48" at an angle near the trigger with a strange symbol in front of the "48" Can you give me any more info. It was my fathers during WWII and is in a green box with a large Z. Thank you again
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    The no. you mention may be acceptance and proof marks from the arsenal that produced it. If you have MSN you can get to OG's curio&relics page by typing Cz27 or CZ52 in the search field. There is a link but I tried it and it doesn't work. This is where I got the info after reading your post. Searched just out of curiosity. If this doesn't help come back to this post. I'll do some more searching and see if I can come up with something. In his site OG states that the date of man. is contained insde a circle so 1935 may be the date of man..[This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 01-01-2002).]