In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

desert eagle41/44 mag mark VII

pabloescobarpabloescobar Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
edited May 2002 in Ask the Experts
i have a d.e. 41/44 mag mark VII, i bought it in the 41 mag caliber, now i want to make it a 44 magnum. what specific parts do i need for this, is there a kit, and where is the cheapest place to get it?

Comments

• Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure, but I think you only need to change the barrel and maybe recoil springs...if I remember correctly, the slide and magazine are the same. I'd check with Magnum Research just to make sure. You can also purchase the necessary parts from them. Click on the link below: http://www.magnumresearch.com/
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rembrant is correct, all that's needed is the barrel ... I had a D.E. in .44 and went the other way adding a .41 barrel, mags slide and bolt are the same.I've never seen a 6" .44 barrel sold seperately but I beleive CDNN has the longer (10"?) for them for $100-$150 www.cdnninvestments.com
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    They're a bit more expensive than that. Northeast Shooter's Warehouse has 6" ones for $293.95.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thankz guys, i got more info in one day than i have in the last few weeks from thoseretards that run those online shopping sites!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey by the way what is the url of "Northeast Shooter's Warehouse"??
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can also buy it all from Magnum Research.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    No web site,but they do have an E-mail address: neshooters@aol.com tel.# 802-895-4520
  • Options
    DarDar Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Pablo

Did you get your barrel yet?

I'm also interested in one

Dar
  • Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to get a little more distance and accuracy go with the 10 inch barrel. They are more expensive but worth every dime especially if you want to hunt with it. RG
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You'll find that CDNN only has the longer barrels for the .357mag, not the .41mag(or .44mag). They had the guns in both .357 and .41 calibers, but only the 10" and 14" barrels in the .357. As for the mags, I'd have to use a micrometer to check to see if the feed lips are the same for the .41 and the .44. I know the slides are the same. I've got all the magazines on hand, but I've never measured the the exact lip dimensions. I've even got some of the factory Desert Eagle .357 magazines for $25, but the .41 and .44 are more unfortunately.

BTW, you'll need to make sure anytime you are checking on barrels that you are specifically looking at the MK VII barrels. The .44 has been made in the MK I, MK VII, and the MK XIX. The .41 has only been made in the MK VII. They actually changed the bolt design on the MK XIX, consequently you must have a MK VII bolt/slide and barrel alike. You can also go with a whole new top end to switch over to the .44 in a MK XIX configuration. If you can find a MK VII (or MK I).44 barrel, that would be much less costly however. LRARMSX@MCHSI.COM
  • Options
    DarDar Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I called Magnum Research. They still have the MK VII barrels but they're at 419 dollars a pop. The email above didn't generate a reply so I'm assuming they're outta business..
    As for the 44 mags. I think you need to buy the mags for that. They have them for sale at CDNN. Only problem is findin the barrel for cheaper..
    Help!! :(

Dar